Monday, January 31, 2011

You smooch your babies with that mouth?

Ok so as a mom I am sensitive to what people say around my little ones. I'm likely to reach for soap if you have a potty mouth in front of my bunch! But another thing that makes me crazy is how people talk about their children, in front of their children!
I was shopping with all three kiddos a week or so ago and a woman with one kiddo said, "You must be brave to take all three kids shopping by yourself!!" I replied that although it can be difficult, I am proud of my kids and their general good manners. She went on to tell me all about what a nightmare it is to shop with her kid and how awful he can be.... Lady, you're kid is listening to you... every word. As you are ranting and raving about how awful he is, he's standing there patiently. I believe that kid has much better manners than you seem to have.
We all need to vent about our lives, but not in front of the little ears that God has given us. It was a reminder to me to watch what I say all the time. I remember my mom talking to another mom one time. The woman said, "THREE teenagers?!?! What's that like?!" and my mom said something like, "It's wonderful." That left a major impression on me. Thanks for that mom.

1 comment:

  1. That incident blessed my heart too. I remember thinking Mom likes us teenagers or not.

    ReplyDelete