Friday, January 14, 2011

Really... too busy to say Hi????

My four year old is sweet. He's tender-hearted and genuinely LOVES everyone. It's possible he's even inherited my "MUST HUG EVERYONE" disease. Anyway, when we're at the store or anywhere for that matter, he tells EVERYONE near him, "Hi!" Usually followed by his name, age and any other information he can think of. (which is why I have not taught him our home address yet, LOL)
So, it PEEVES me when people ignore him. Seriously, lady are you so busy choosing your new nail color that you can't give him a smile or a wave? It always shocks me how many people walk right past his smiling, friendly face and go on about their day. It's hard explaining to a kid why some people are too busy to say hi. Or too busy to give a quick smile.
On the other side, I love the people who not only say hello, but take the time to SEE him. Maybe shake his hand (which an older man did the other day and he's still talking about it), sometimes people are so happy to talk that eventually I have to say, "It was so nice meeting you! We better get going!" Although, truth be told, usually I could stand there and talk as long as we can. I love people. My kids love people. Jesus loves you, just so you know... even if you're a snotty looking lady who doesn't think children should be allowed in the grocery store. I love you anyway and some day there is a good chance that I'm going to tackle you, snuggle you and help you pick out your nail polish.... because I love you.... so there.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my stars. You are too funny! I feel like we are kids again and I can't catch my breath because I am laughing too hard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL What a good post! Even though I won't ignore kids who greet me, you can tackle me and help me pick out polish any time. Thank you for loving people and for teaching your children to do the same. After all...people act like they do for a reason. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are blogging. ;-) FUN stuff....and addictive. It is my therapy because I am a resistant housewife. ;-) Anyway, I would TOTALLY say "hi" and always do when little people try and talk to me in the store. Sometimes I am the one who says "hi" first. :-)

    ReplyDelete