Friday, February 4, 2011

Surely they're exaggerating...

So before I became a mom I remember hearing things from parents that I thought could not possibly be true, I thought they must be exaggerating when they said things like:

I was up ALL night with our little one.... I now know this to be true.

I even had it in my hair! ("It" can be whatever you imagine) and yes... this is true.

One time I even read a quote from a mom saying that she finds it depressing that after her baby, when she's goes to sleep on her side her tummy now lays next to her like a small pet.... *sigh*... this one is proven true. (If you're one of those freakos who leaves the hospital wearing your skinny jeans then please stop reading and slap yourself for me.)

I'm just constantly amazed at motherhood. It's exhausting and sometimes smelly. It's also the most beautiful thing in all the world. I thank my Heavenly Father for allowing me to be a mom.

2 comments:

  1. LOL - you are so funny! I only wish I could stop reading and slap myself for being so skinny...sorry about the genes, sweetie. :-) But AMEN about motherhood...and it only gets better with grandmotherhood. Every minute is worth it. I promise. Thanks for having children so I can experience it with your kiddos. It's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! It is some seriously hard work but totally worth it. Thanks for being such a good momma to my niece and nephews!

    ReplyDelete