Thursday, January 31, 2013

The F-word...

One of my favorite stories from my childhood was when my little sister (7yrs younger than me), my mom and I were shopping. Little sis and I did not get along very well back in the day. (I'd like to add that today she is one of my best friends and so precious to me) I was probably 12 or so and she would have been around 5. We were bickering back and fourth and my mom was so done with hearing us. I don't remember exactly what was said, but my little sister yelled, "MOOOM!! She said the F-word!!!" My mother whipped around in complete shock and before she could say anything I said, "Mom, I said fart! Just fart!!" 
Thankfully, she and I both laughed and my life was spared. Of course little sister was indignant over the fact that I didn't get into trouble... after all, in our house fart is a bad word!

And so the memories continue. Last night my oldest came to me and said, "mom, you are not gonna believe this. Sister said the S-word." My mind raced to figure out what he would possible be referring to... it was stupid. The s-word was stupid. I love that their sweet little minds have not yet been infected with the ugliness that this world has to offer. They know that there is evil. They know that there are bad things in this world, but for today... the S-word is stupid and we don't say that because it sounds rude. 
     ;-)

2 comments: