Thursday, February 21, 2013

That'll test my stress for sure

I've seen people do stress tests in the movies... you know, running on the treadmill hooked up to a million wires. Seems easy enough and all. What I did not know is this, you can NOT wear a bra. SAY WHAT????
That's right. No bra. They said to strip waist up and then handed me a little paper vest to put on. The conversation with the technician guy went something like this,
Me: You mean I can not wear my bra??
Him: Right.
Me: Ummm. No. That can not be right. Has anyone ever slapped you before when you said that?
Him: I'm sure they've wanted to.
Me: This is ridiculous.
Him: I hear that a lot.
Me: In my fatter days I would have refused to do this.. I just want you to know that.
Him: Ok.
(and I would like to add that I really wish the tech had been a woman, maybe one who has had and fed four babies... that would help)
So, here I am. Getting ready to jog on a treadmill with no bra... And if you're thinking, "Well, I would just hold the girls while I jog"... Nope. They have a bar in front of you that you are told to hold onto. Oh the horror.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, Rock Star...you DO make me laugh! I love that you find humor in things like medical procedures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I am so mortified for you!!!! I am pretty sure I would have been freaking out. Can I use the excuse that I don't want to get slapped in the eye while jogging? LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...my...is it weird that I can immediately feel the sensation that this would cause? eeewww, ouch, yeow

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just ain't right I tell ya. Cringe!

    ReplyDelete