Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Humor amongst the Drama

So, if you read my last post then you already know I was in the hospital and it was not fun...
I love to laugh. I'm sarcastic and silly and can find humor in almost any situation! When one of the doctors told me that I would be having a bone marrow biopsy, I was not laughing. I was so nervous. I felt even more nervous when the dr asked, "Have you had any children?" I said that I've had four... He smiled and said, "Oh, well then you'll do just fine." What??? What does that mean? It's gonna hurt as bad as childbirth??? No thank you!
So, the next morning the dr came in and brought a room-full of people with him. There was a resident with him, a nurse, a nursing student and a gal from the lab who was collecting the marrow. The doctor turned to my husband and said, "Have you been around many medical procedures? This is quite disturbing to view." He assured the dr that he would be fine and so they began. He was kind of pushed away from me as they all gathered around to begin the biopsy. I laid on my stomach and for everything to go well. I focused my eyes on the beautiful nursing student, she seemed sweet and bubbly. The sounds during the biopsy are awful... cracking and grinding and.... ugh! Gives me chills just to think about it. Anyway, I cracked a joke and looked at the nursing student for a smile, she was pulling off her mask and grinning ear to ear... like weirdly grinning... like the joker kind of grinning... and swaying kinda funny... and oh my.. "Hey! She's going down!!!", I yell! And before anyone can figure out what I'm talking about the beautiful little nursing student passes out and her lovely little face smacks right into my butt cheeks. NO JOKE, people. My husband scoops her up and quickly takes her into the hallway. The room is silent for a minute and then I laughed out loud... I laughed till I had snot coming out of my nose. My husband came running back in to hold my hand and we laughed together.
BTW, who actually says stuff like, "She's going down!"... apparently I do. I'm a nerd.

I wish I could say that I laughed through the rest of the procedure, but it got a lot less funny after that....

8 comments:

  1. Bahahhahhhaaa!!!! What lovely, hilarious, nerdiness...it is a gift from Him, cherish it always...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly was a gift! HAHA! I needed a laugh desperately!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness. I laughed pretty hard at that one. Hopefully nobody told her she kissed your hiney with her face. lol...Hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! That poor gal will probably never live it down!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's certainly in my top five of funny events in my life!

      Delete
  4. Such a funny story! So glad you could laugh at it. I've had a bone marrow biopsy so I can relate to all you said about the procedure--the sounds, the pressure, having your backside exposed. It's just that nothing funny happened during mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom of 4! Everyone that has to endure a biopsy should get to have a funny story because that is miserable! Wish you had a funny to go with it too!

      Delete