Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Following a Passion for Photography






So, you know when you get to that crossroads with something in your life and you need to either DIVE in or move on? (sounded better than "poo or get off the pot")
I love photography. LOVE it. More than my love for the camera (and all that I can do with it) is my LOVE for blessing people with it. To make getting family photos done an enjoyable experience, fun even! To play with little ones and photograph them being kids!! To allow a nursing mom to take time to nurse her baby between shots, no stress, no time constraint.
I see people differently than most do. I mean literally. I SEE people in a beautiful way. And my hope is to capture that person and give them a glimpse of their beauty.
So, my problem is the diving in! Finally setting up a website, figuring out some prices, things like that. I'm getting there! It's just hard to put yourself out there for everyone to judge, but hopefully to love and appreciate. I continue to learn everyday. That's one of the things I enjoy most about photography.
I'm diving in... I think! ;-)

9 comments:

  1. Ummm. Yes, you are diving in. Have you seen the pictures you take? In my humble opinion, you are wasting a gift from God if you do not use your talents! That's not an option! You can do it and further more, you can do an AMAZING job! If you can make beautiful photos that I want to blow up and hang on my wall (practically life sized) from a photo session with 4 cranky kids and 2 frustrated parents, you can do ANYTHING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi you will do awesome! You are such a sweet and genuine person, and it is obvious to everyone that knows you. You are blessed with a great gift of photography and being an awesome person. I hope you will continue to share that with others. If I can every help you in any way, please let me ;) Keep up the rock star attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Rockstar...you are just wonderful. We enjoyed every minute of our photo session and time with you! Plus, my stomach jumped with excitement when I saw my little family on your post! :) We love that photo. You do a beautiful job, and I'm glad God blessed you, Mrs. Rockstar, with the talent of capturing memories and the love families share! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! Rock Star...you bless people...I can't wait to see what happens out of your love of capturing people the way you see them! Rock on!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart your pictures big time. I can only imagine how I will feel about newborn twin pictures. Geez, I want to cry now just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wish we lived closer, its killing me we can't come have u take our family & maternity pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family and friends pushed hard for me to start doing photography.....I was VERY hesitant. Now I know why....no one told me photography is a VERY small portion of a photography BUSINESS. PASSION is what you MUST have remind yourself of why you are working harder than you ever have before. ;-) And, I am pretty sure you have more passion than I do....and a huge support system.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much everybody!! I feel so blessed by your love and encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go GIRL and GRAB YOUR DREAMS/ DREAM OF PHOTOGRAPHY!!!
    The only way you'll know is TO TAKE THE RISK!!!! Average stays average for those who never stretch!

    The Lord Created YOU His MASTER PIECE . . . . Blessings to YOU! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY also. SO ROCK ON and CLIMB the CLIFFS in Your Life this SISTA is PRAYING FOR YOU!

    Love Always,
    "FROM THE BOTTOM oF MY LIVER!!!!" ~ ARKlundt

    ReplyDelete