Thursday, March 10, 2011

Do you know what SHHHH means???

There are times when I'm on the phone or having a conversation and I will gently shush my children. Then there are times when I not so gently, "SSSSHHHH!!!" Especially when they are saying something or are about to say something that may sound offensive to some one. Like when a neighbor was over at our home and was staying to chat for a .... looong time and my kids were waiting to run errands with me and my oldest is saying, "Ok... BYE! ... Goodbye!" (all while waving in this person's face). Or when at the store a very large woman on a motorized cart was passing by and my child starts to say, "MOM! Can she not walk??"
Soooo... I had to laugh when I heard my boys chatting and my oldest said to my other son, "Can you please SSSHHH?? Do you know what SHHH means???!" It was an excellent impression of me. Big eyes, vein popping out on the forehead, SHHHH!!
Motherhood is like a mirror. Right there in your face.
HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment