Friday, June 24, 2011

I love their little hearts and minds

We're house hunting right now, we need a home. It's been a frustrating and not so fun journey. However, we KNOW that God has the right home for us and we are excited about what He has in store for us. Through the stress, it's nice to hear things like this from my kiddos:

O (my oldest): "Mom, I'm going to make a bunch of money. I'll make tons so Dad can be home for like 50 years! Wouldn't that be nice mom? No work for Daddy for like 50 years?! .... Is that a long time mom? Or is that little like nap time?"

"Mom, can we give this house to someone who needs it?" (referring to our little rented town home). I assured him that someone else would love our place as much as we have because it's a good home and our landlord is the nicest guy ever.

When talking to out children about house hunting and while visiting homes we've had lots of great comments! Things like,

"Mom, this house smells funny. We won't buy it if it stinks, right?"
"MOM, I HAVE to go POO POO!" (from my middle son at EVERY home because he wanted to sit on every toilet.)
"If we buy this house can we have their toys?"
"Where are the people that live in this house now gonna live?? Are they going to take our old house? We can switch, mom. That'd be nice."

2 comments: