Monday, May 9, 2011

moments in the car

So, we're riding in the car this morning and trying out a new cd. It's kids praise songs and the song "Jesus Loves the Little Children" comes on and we all sing along. Then it goes to, "Jesus died for all the children..." We've never sang a second verse to that song and we haven't really had an in depth conversation about Jesus actually dying. My children know that Jesus saved us all, but we've not gone into the entire history. Anyway, my middle son hears the song and says laughing, "Mom, they said "Jesus diapers all the children...haha! That's silly." My hubby and I laughed and the next song came on. A bit later, the song comes on again and my oldest said, "mom, I think they said DIED! But that's not right, Jesus is alive and lives in our hearts." My heart jumped and I was quick to confirm, "you are so right! Jesus LIVES and he's in our hearts!" And then I told him that Jesus did die to save us.... as the words roll out of my mouth I feel like time slowed down a bit. It's amazing how truth rings in our ears. Jesus DID die for us, he DID rise and he is my Lord and Savior. I loved explaining to the boys that Jesus was and is the ultimate superHero!
The moment moved on as my middle son argued that the song did indeed say that Jesus diapers all the children and that is that.

2 comments:

  1. That is just precious.

    And I guess they were both right in the sense that God provides all our needs, including diapers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! I agree, both are correct. :)

    ReplyDelete