Thursday, January 19, 2012

How many??? I DON'T KNOW!!!


So, I'm a terrible blogger.... really really bad! I think of something to write every day, but forget to do it every day!!
Life is flashing by at the moment! I am almost 35 wks along with our #4! My little sister just had her beautiful baby girl and I have another sister anxiously awaiting the arrival of another for their family as well. I am in auntie heaven!

What I find funny is the number of people in my life who are truly disturbed by the addition of so many children. It stuns some people to hear the number of grandchildren that my parents are blessed with (and continue to be blessed with). I am always surprised by comments that my hubs and I get about our little family. Yes, we're about to have our fourth. Yes, we WANT this child. And NO I don't know if we're "done" yet.
My favorite comments are things like, "you already have two boys and got a girl... why keep having more?" What does gender have to do with it? I love my boys and my girl, it's amazing getting to have both, but that doesn't have anything to do with how many children I have. Or how about, "Man, you guys are crazy!" .... um, ok. Call me crazy. I love my children.... insane.
And why on earth would anyone have a negative reaction to the number of children I have? I don't ask you to babysit... I don't rely on you to feed or clothe my kids... you're not losing any sleep over their existence...So please tell me why in the world do you feel the need to comment negatively about how many children I will be having?

This post is sounding angry... LOL And I am not angry. Simply confused. Confused by peoples lack of love and joy for each other.
So, here I am, big and pregnant and ready to meet this baby boy who will bring more joy and insanity to our home!

10 comments:

  1. That seems kind of silly - four kids isn't even that many!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm sayin'! LOL
      Although I don't care if it's 20, each child is a blessing and I have so much respect for those families that place this subject in God's hands.

      Delete
  2. I know I am excited to meet him! :) I agree that people (especially Christians) need to think before they speak. Children are a gift from God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 127:3-5 says, "Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate."

    It's pretty clear to me. What baffles me about the attitude of Christians is that it is so short-sighted...if good Christian people quit having children, where will the next generation's leaders come from?

    Carry on, WannaBeSupermom...you and your hubs ROCK...God has been faithful to provide for you and your family and He is faithful.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord for Your Quiver sweet, sweet "SUPER MOM" ;-) Abundantly filled with Joy as your children will rise and call you BLESSED!

    It is wonderful to see that you are healthy and ready to see a wonderful new face! our 5th child also our fifth daughter is so wonderful and now I am getting ready to have another child enter our lives through our eldest getting married!


    1 Thessalonians 5:23 January 22, 2012
    May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

    I will continue to pray for you and your family! Blessings,
    Love Ana-Maria
    (aka Ana-Lou www.aklundt.blogspot.com - Better is One Day)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ana-Maria, you are such an encouragement!

      Delete
  5. I am a friend of Farm Chick -- and this was a great blog! Just great!!! People should keep their opinions to themselves! I love that your/her family and extended family has grown and grown...and just keeps growing!!!

    ReplyDelete