Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Being an Aunt is serious business.

I am an aunt. I take that job seriously. I love my nieces and nephews whole-heartedly and unconditionally. And I'm serious about being the favorite...
Yes, I know they have other aunts and they can think that they are the favorite too, but THIS aunt is gonna believe I am the favorite. haha!
As our family grows with more little ones, I love each one just as the others. I love their naughty stages (it's way more fun than my own children's naughty stage) and I love their individual personalities.
My aunt heart is sad today. My sister and her husband had been chosen for an adoption and I fell in love the minute I heard about this baby boy that was joining our family. I've seen his songram pics, helped pick out his coming home outfit and prayed for his safety and his journey to join our family. (which was to happen in a couple days) Last night, my sis called to let me know that they would not be bringing home my nephew. His birth mama has decided to parent. I miss him.
I sing praises to our Heavenly Father that this baby is LOVED and wanted and that my sister's love played a role in all of that. I just miss him.
So, baby boy, I am praying that there is an Auntie in your life that adores you. One who will think of you often and pray for you and love you. One who will play with you and defend you when you're naughty.
Thank you, Lord for this baby's life. Thank you for allowing our family to pray for him and love him. And thank you for his mom, thank you for the love she has for him.

4 comments:

  1. Amen! Well said. I am praying blessings over him and his mother and sibling. I am also so stinking proud of our sister and her family. Her willingness to love knowing that she may end up with a broken heart is truly a beautiful thing and not something many people are willing to chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sniff...amen...I am so blessed by my girls.

    ReplyDelete