Friday, April 15, 2011

Debt... go away. You are ugly and rude.

So, here's the deal. We have debt. We've climbed some pretty big mountains and conquered a lot of it, but we're still digging our way out.
My hubs and I were talking the other night about acknowledging where we've gone wrong and what mistakes we've made. We took out way too much in student loans, lesson learned. We relied on credit to get us through some rough patches, lesson learned! We're now in a place where we take our debt very seriously and are determined to get out of it. It's preventing us from owning a home and sometimes prevents us from feeling like we can really LIVE and Breath.
We've been blessed with help along the way, we want to honor that help and those blessings by kicking some booty.
Much like when I was battling my weight, I knew that living in an unhealthy way was not what God intended for me. Living in any debt is not what God has intended for me.
It's hard to feel like we've accomplished so much and yet have a long way to go. Please come along side us with your prayers and encouragement and advice!

8 comments:

  1. Will definitely be praying for you guys in this process! The fact that you guys know you want to take action is the best first step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited for the legacy that you will leave for your children.
    You can do it!
    Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, keep your goal within sight. It can be overwhelming, but the victory will be ever so sweet. When James and I first were married, he had credit card debt that we immediately focused on. What joy it was when there was no longer that debt in our monthly budget. Sometimes it's hard to live within a budget and see those around us enjoying luxury items we can only dream about. I always tell myself that I don't know what their financial situation is...maybe they are living out of their means or they have buckled down and so they totally deserve it. But, some day, the rewards for your perseverance will pay off and you will look back and be so happy that this is the path you chose for your family. Blessings to you as you are on this financial journey. Kick some butt =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! We're ready to kick some booty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been there too, Rockstar...more than once...be encouraged that God's math is different than our math and that He will take your willingness and make things happen that are abundantly more than you can ask or dream. I love you and PhoJo and your superheroes and am excited to see what God does for you...keep walking in faith.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I am praying that you will stay focused and disciplined! You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I discovered your blog thru another. Good luck!! You have a beautiful family.

    www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey "ROCKSTAR" give me a call. I AM PRAYING RIGHT NOW FOR YOU! (816)262-9546.

    I would love to literally pray with you in person. From with in my heart! PRAISE HIM for YOUR HUSBAND AND YOUR HEARTS DESIRE!!! Read Ephesians 3:20 and Philippians 4:8

    Then pray through Jeremiah 33:3 and PRAISE GOD!!!

    ReplyDelete